Successful Micro-weighing in 10 Easy Steps
Scientists frequently find themselves working with minute quantities of precious, often costly and irreplaceable, samples. In this situation, efficient micro-weighing is essential to avoid the need for repeat analysis, which may not even be possible. Getting it right first time is vital.
There are many occasions when laboratories find themselves having to analyze minute quantities of valuable material. Often, these samples will be costly and difficult, perhaps even impossible, to replace. Accurate and precise weighing is crucial to avoid errors and, at the same time, ensure operator safety.
Efficient micro-weighing maximizes the quality of your weighing results, so you can make the most of limited resources. This 10-step guide discusses the most important considerations for successful micro-weighing and best practices for weighing, calibration and maintenance, as well as tips and tricks to help you maximize your weighing efficiency, improve the quality of your results and ensure safer operation, including:
- Choosing the right microbalance for your application
- Where to place the microbalance
- Why calibration is important
- Ensuring accurate results
- Dealing with drifting results
- Optimizing working with small samples
- Cleaning the microbalance
- How to make the weighing process more efficient
- Data capture and transfer options
- Helpful tips to optimize micro-weighing